Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Introducing Alex

I would like to take a quick moment to introduce myself.

My name is Alex Winnett and I am the new Program Associate for Peacemaking in the office.

I am a life long Unitarian Universalist from Orange County, California. My family and I were very active with our home congregation, Orange Coast UU Church in Costa Mesa.

I recently graduated from Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana with a degree in Peace and Global Studies with an emphasis in Interfaith Dialogue.

While in the office, I will be working with congregations all over the country as a resource for peacemaking opportunities.


Here are some fast facts:

I was a boy scout but left due to "political reasons".

While at Earlham, I was co-convener or an interpretative dance troupe that used humor to investigate the role of gender and sexuality in society.

I am a trained active listener specializing in helping survivors of sexual violence and assault.

I studied in Northern Ireland for a semester working with an NGO and the largest non-sectarian party in the Nation.

My senior thesis was on the role of myth and legend in peacemaking.

My favorite color is green.

And my favorite food is "burritos the size of my head".

I look forward to working with the office and all of you.